Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Developed Sketchup





Compacted




Straight
Dotted


Above: One
Below:Infinity


This is my developed sketchup model including 3 textures that I have chosen from my 36 textures. I have chosen these textures to show the relation to the model artist's work and to the component structure of the building. Also when I was choosing these textures, I tried to choose the ones that would create a sense of harmony to each other when they are side by side.

The above studio space is for Tracey Moffat. I have placed the stairs on both ends to show the reflection and symmetry of the studio. The reason I have placed the stairs near the top is to give a different view of her work from a different point in the studio. I have placed Tracey Moffat's studio above the ground because her work shows the relationship of sports players supporting each other which happens on the ground, so I found it appropriate to place the studio space on the ground and I also thought that her studio should be portrayed under more light to show the brightness of light and a feeling of support and a sense of becoming one.

The ground below has stairs that goes down in a spiral shape. By making the stairs in this spiral shape, it gives a portrayal of infinite stairs that stretch below ground. The reason I have chosen Fiona Hall as the under ground is to show the strong idea in her work of 'Understorey'. Like the title of her work, her studio needs to go down under to help her to come up with this idea of a skull using in a delicate method. I also thought that her studio should be shown in a dark space, away from the light, because the skull represents the end of life and by being under the ground it reflects images such as the dead and caves of the tombs.

1 comment: