Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Project 3 - Artist Research

(Tile Art #12, 2007, by Mark Lawrence)

(Enlighten my Darkness, Psalm 18:28. VerseVisions Modern Art, by Mark Lawrence)

Mark Lawrence
Mark Lawrence is a christian artist which he presents his most expressive abstract art to brightly shine the light of Jesus Christ in the world. He creates his works by the experience of his vision of honor, praise and glorify the Risen Lord with art inspired by Bible verses.

Mark Lawrence said, "The Christian art I create is not an attempt to depict a likeness, nor an image of anything to be worshipped here on earth, or in heaven above. My art is created to point all people to Jesus Christ who is worthy of all of our honor, glory and praise."

The reason I chose this artist is that he illustrates strong theme of religion and this also shows strong intense light which I want to focus on when I'm designing my art gallery. His works creates uniqueness of individual interest of own topic when creating art work. This will also link to the mood of Newtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment