Monday, April 26, 2010

Site

My site will be placed in Delft, a city and municipality in the province of South Holland, the Netherlands. The reason I have chosen this site is because Pieter de Hooch works are dutch painting, I thought that it would be suitable to have the painting and my design of the building to have a relation to site and actual painting theme of place.



I'm going to place my designed building in Delft Canal, which is placed along the canal. The reason for doing this is to show the rhythemical movement in Delft city. The waters in canal reflects the flow of melody produced from instruments and singer. Also I personally think that it will suit very well with the atmosphere of Delft Canal daily life. Which I will reflect on the concept of Pieter de Hooch's paintings. He focused his painting to domestic scenes and family portraits. His work showed astute observation to the mundane details of everyday life. And by putting my building in this site will suit painting concepts and Pieter de Hooch's meaning of his paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment